Lighter Faster Smarter Quick Heal Internet Security protects your laptops and desktops and provides protection against all kinds of Internet or network-based threats. Upon installation, it acts as a shield against viruses, worms, trojans, spywares and other malicious threats. It also provides security against new and unknown threats with Quick Heal’s renowned DNAScan Technology. Its improved Anti-Phishing feature ensures that you do not land on phishing sites when browsing the net. The Parental Control feature allows you to schedule Internet access for your children and its pre-configured restricted browsing ensures that children do not visit adult sites. It utilizes minimum system resources, thereby giving complete protection to your system without slowing it down. AntiVirus AntiSpyware AntiMalware Anti-Rootkit USB Drive Protection Browsing Protection Self Protection Entertainment Mode Anti-Phishing AntiSpam Firewall Protection Parental Control Check Mark and VB100% has certified Quick Heal AntiVirus and AntiSpyware engine. 100% protection from all the viruses in-The-Wild Daily automatic updates.
Below some of its essential features are discussed in detail:
It doesn’t provides protection, it provides the core protection for your PC with AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware, AntiRootkit, Silent Firewall and IDS/IPS at different levels.
- Antivirus – It is a program that scans and remove viruses, worms, trojans and other threats that may creep into your system through removable drives, email attachments or internet downloads.
- AntiSpyware – To secure your identity, Antispyware is used as it detects, cleans and blocks spywares thus automatically preventing identity theft.
- AntiMalware – This security program scans registry, files and folders within fraction of sceonds, detecting and cleaning Spywares, Adwares, Roguewares, Dialers, Riskwares and other potential threats.
- Anti-Rootkit – Rootkits are detected and cleaned proactively by a deep system scan.
- Firewall Protection – Firewall Protection is a program that works secretly in silent in the background and scrutinizes network activity for viruses, spywares and other malilcious agents. To detect harmful network activity it uses Intrusion Detection System (IDS) and to prevent malicious network activity it uses Intrusion Prevention System (IPS).
- Self Protection – In order to prevent and protect Quick Heal files, folders, configurations and registry entries from getting tampered by malicious threats Self Protection is used.
- PC2Mobile Scan - Virus attack is not just limited to PCs or Notebooks. In the fast paced mobile world, where people access the Internet using their mobile phones, virus attack on mobile phones is now another outlet for cyber criminals to spread malicious programs. Quick Heal Total Security provides the PC2Mobile Scan feature where you can scan, detect and delete malwares, viruses and spywares from your mobile phones.
- PC2Mobile Scan supports following mobile phones - Apple iPhone, Asus, BlackBerry, E-Ten, E-Volve, Fujitsu Siemens, LG, Mivvy, Motorola, Nokia, Panasonic, Samsung, Segam, Sharp, Siemens, Sony Ericsson, ZTC, HTC, I-Mate, HP, O2 and all the Windows Mobile phones.
- Data Theft Protection - Data Theft Protection prevents unauthorized copy of confidential or sensitive data from your PC. It blocks access to pen drive/CD writer or other USB storage devices from your PC. Using this feature, neither the systems data can be copied to the removable drives nor the data from outside (removable drives) be copied to your system.
- Secure Delete - The Secure Delete feature permanently erases files from the hard drive, as opposed to the normal delete procedure, making it unrecoverable
- Disk Cleanup - You have created a new folder, but forgot to add files in the folder. You created a shortcut to a location, and after a few days deleted the location, but not the shortcut. Youve been surfing the net for quite some time now and the temporary Internet files have accumulated in the respective folder. All of these are invalid files or junk files that clutter your system hard drive and affects system performance. With the Disk Cleanup feature you can remove such clutter to free up disk space that can be used for other applications or for improving system performance.
- Parental Control:Yes
- Email Protection:Yes
- Type:Internet Security
- Variant:1 PC 1 Year
- Num Of Pc:1
- Model Name:Internet Security 2012 1 PC 1 Year
- Features:Web Security, Firewall protection, Flashdrive protection, Protects USB drives from autorun infections, Boot time scan
- Malware Spam Protection:Yes
- Limitation:Email Protection does not support encrypted email connections that use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), Quick Heal Anti-Rootkit is not supported on 64-bit operating systems, Quick Heal Self Protection is not supported for Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System
- Model Id:Internet Security 2012
- Antivirus Protection:Yes
- Brand:Quick Heal
- Other Requirements:CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Drive, Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Hard Drive:1 GB free space
- Processor:Windows 2000 Professional (SP4) – 300 MHz Pentium Processor, Windows XP (SP2) – 300 MHz Pentium Processor, Windows Vista – 1 GHz Pentium Processor, Windows 7 – 1 GHz Pentium Processor
- Operating System:Windows 2000 Professional (SP4), Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Memory:Windows 2000 Professional (SP4) – 256 MB RAM, Windows XP (SP2) – 256 MB RAM, Windows Vista – 512 MB RAM, Windows 7 (32-bit) – 512 MB RAM, Windows 7 (64-bit) – 1 GB RAM
Quick Heal Internet Security protects your laptops and desktops against all kinds of Internet or network-based threats like spyware, viruses, malware and rootkit to offer you a smooth and worry-free online surfing, shopping, and socializing. Upon installation, it provides security against new and unknown threats with Quick Heal’s renowned DNAScan Technology. Its improved Anti-Phishing feature ensures that you do not land on phishing sites when browsing the net. The Parental Control feature allows you to schedule Internet access for your children and its pre-configured restricted browsing ensures that children do not visit adult sites. It utilizes minimum system resources, thereby giving complete protection to your system without slowing it down.
In my opinion, Quick Heal Internet Security 20 falls short of being an effective security solution. The firewall provides average protection at best and has no options available that give the end user an opportunity to improve it. The scanning engine is less than effective and my experience with the browser protection found it to be severely lacking. Beyond basic application performance, Quick Heal is also poorly positioned to protect against malware that would seek to end its critical services and processes leaving a system with no protection at all. This suite is one I hesitate to even apply the “Buy for Geeks!” award to. It certainly does not belong on Grandma’s computer.