Panda Software launches the beta version of its TruPrevent Technologies for the company, the most intelligent technologies to combat unknown viruses and intrusions. These technologies represent a radical change in the way of apprehending Internet threats, from a traditional concept of reacting to the emergence of a virus, a clever concept, preventive, anticipating the emergence of new threats and beating out the problems.
In the manner of a good detective, TruPrevent Technologies analyze suspicious behavior of programs and block them automatically, intelligently, without the need for human intervention and without question to the user. These features are also a plus for any director who sees and the safety oversight simplified.
TruPrevent go far away from traditional capabilities of a heuristic analyzer that detects new viruses by applying basic rules of comparisons with the static code of the scanned files. TruPrevent Technologies, conversely, not only halt the virus from networks they manage to infiltrate the computer, but also includes an intelligent module for analyzing the behavior of processes or programs during their executions. This means that detection is not simply hinged on the occurrence of infections, but the correlation of series of action taken by the process since its first application in memory. This therefore offers greater reliability and the ability to automatically make these technologies the right decisions.
Therefore, once a process has been classified as dangerous for the integrity of the system, TruPrevent prevents the process of communicating to the outside and stop its execution, thereby preventing the virus from spreading.
The combination of the traditional protections of security systems and antivirus protection with all the new TruPrevent Technologies creates a new benchmark in the fight against the growing number of Internet threats, including unknown viruses and intruders. The new TruPrevent Technologies for the company to combine great features with an anti-malware capability to detect and remove any virus threats and intrusions on networks in the stations.
TruPrevent Technologies are designed to act against viruses and intrusions of unknown order, evolving and adapting over time to new threats that endanger users’ systems. Among these, the following threats:
- Viral detection based on behavior. Detecting and blocking worms and Trojans on the basis of an analysis of the behavior of processes running on the machine. This involves the monitoring of each process during its execution, if the block is dangerous, and prevents its deployment on the corporate network. This technology enables the grove of malware infections such as Bugbear, Nimda, Klez, SirCam or LoveLetter, without that they have been previously identified.
- Sensor Networks Hazardous Packages. This technology can detect and block packets with malicious content every time they try to enter or exit a machine connected in network services and protect networks against attempts to exploit vulnerabilities, acting as complement to other technologies. In this respect, this method could have prevented outbreaks of type SQLSlammer, Code Red or Sasser.
- Protection against saturation of the buffers. These vulnerabilities are now common flaws in many applications and represent the most commonly used to launch attacks against information systems. Such attacks are based on an overflow of a portion of memory used by the application by more data than it can contain. Therefore, since the attackers know the amount of data needed to overflow the buffer, they overload the memory executable code that contains the attack code. TruPrevent compensate this type of vulnerability.
- Definition of security policies. This module provides TruPrevent flexibility in that it gives administrators and users the means to customize their security policies based on their conditions or their specific resources. This allows companies to deploy and observe a policy throughout the company, including oversight of all authorized shares or not.
In addition to TruPrevent Technologies, Panda professional solutions include anti-malware great features include:
- The latest generation of protection against all kinds of Internet threats such as viruses, spam, spyware, dialers, hoaxes, hacking tools…
- System to eliminate the residual effects of attacks or infections of unknown order. Stations that have been affected by any type of viruses, worms, or hackers, can be restored to their state prior to the attack, prohibiting changes in the files, the new entries in the registry, etc…
- Maximum protection and performance analysis to protect all files and mail type MAPI, POP3, SMTP and NNTP.
- A simple and highly scalable solution, ideal for installation on networks with limited bandwidth or for specific types of network traffic that make it impossible to install a virus complex. This makes it particularly suitable for WANs and remote users.
- A simple interface, intuitive and understandable.
Protection is quickly and easily deployed on workstations through Admin Secure, the centralized administration tool remote. This powerful utility includes TruPrevent, so that administrators can within minutes, installing this protection against all types of known and unknown threats in all their IT resources.
TruPrevent Technologies represent a highlight of the antivirus market. The power of protection against viruses and intruders provided by Panda Software is now reinforced by the ability of these new intelligent technologies to neutralize attacks from unknown sources. The conclusion is simple: more security for all users.
- Availability of TruPrevent Technologies
The beta version of TruPrevent Technologies for Enterprise can be downloaded from:
Moreover, during the third quarter of 2004, Panda Software will launch a new range of products with TruPrevent Technologies, to offer everyone, from individual consumers to the largest enterprise, the most effective defenses against viruses and intrusions.