More than a simple Antivirus! The new Panda Antivirus Pro 2011 offers the easiest and most intuitive protection for your computer. If you are an average computer user and use your computer for checking emails and chatting, the antivirus software has everything that you may need to protect your computer from virus, trojans, spyware and hacker attacks. However, if you stay over the internet for longer durations, consider the complete internet security 2011.
Antivirus Pro 2011 protects your files, music, photos, and more against viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, keyloggers, bots, and other malware attempting to access your PC. Our award-winning Anti-Rootkit detects sophisticated threats that bury themselves deep inside your PC. And Panda USB Vaccine ensures your USB drives can’t spread infections between computers.
Updates for Panda Antivirus Pro are setup to run automatically in the background, and occur daily to ensure that your system is always up-to-date with current virus signatures. As mentioned earlier, the Collective Intelligence and cloud computing technologies help deliver timely updates without compromising performance.
Help & Support:
Panda’s antivirus software is pretty easy to use, but if you need additional assistance you can refer to the in-program user manual, or find some answers online. On Panda’s online support center they host a user forum, support blog, and a product-specific FAQs section.
A good antivirus program should not only protect your computer from viruses but also not slow down the Performance of your computer too much by using up your computer’s resources. We run each antivirus program through a set of Performance Tests to see the impact it has on the computer. View the results below of our antivirus testing for Panda 2011…
- Memory Use: Panda 2011 uses 9.8 MB of system memory. #2 rated of the 15 antivirus programs we tested.
- Reboot Time: Panda added 21.5 seconds to our test computer’s reboot time. #10 rated program we tested this year.
- Installation Size: Panda AntiVirus Pro 2011 requires 311 MB of hard-drive space for installation. #7 rated program we tested.
- Initial Scan Speed: Panda AntiVirus scans files the first time at a speed of 16.4 MB/s. #13 rated program we tested.
- Subsequent Scan Speed: Panda performs subsequent scans at a speed of 15.9 MB/s. #14 rated program we tested.
- Initial Application Launch: Panda 2011 added 0.147s to launch a web browser for the first time after a reboot. #4 rated program we tested.
- Subsequent Application Launch: Panda added 0.314s on average for subsequent web browser launches. This was the #10 rated program we tested.
- File Conversion Time: Panda added 2.78s on average to convert a MP3 file to four other file types. #15 rated program we tested.
- System Impact Score: The “System Impact Score” is a comparative score tallied from the above 8 Antivirus tests. Panda 2011 scored a total of 53 out of 120 points when compared to the other antivirus programs tested. This ranked Panda 2011 as the 2nd worst antivirus program we tested this year – well behind Performance leaders Norton 2011, NOD32 v4.2, and Avira.
Secure against hackers
Whenever you’re online, you’re vulnerable to hackers. Panda Antivirus Pro’s integral firewall and powerful intrusion detection technologies shield your PC from hackers on the web, blocking known and unknown attacks and vulnerability exploits. And the new multimedia/gaming mode ensures interruption-free security when your PC is your entertainment center.
Panda Antivirus Pro 2011 features some great features and is an overall effective solution. We appreciate the new features, improved performance and redesigned interface. While there are better options available, we can still recommend Panda Antivirus Pro.