Norman Malware Cleaner is an interesting portable antivirus tool which will scan your PC, detecting and removing any malware that it uncovers.
The program is very easy to use. Just download and launch it, click the Start button and it’ll immediately run a Quick Scan, checking your Registry and running processes for any sign of threats. This took only 75 seconds on our test PC, so you won’t have long to wait, and anything Malware Cleaner finds will be immediately quarantined to keep you safe. (If this turns out to be a mistake then you can restore it from the Quarantine tab.)
Here are some key features of “Norman Malware Cleaner”:
• Easy to install and run
• Detect and Remove malware (viruses, Rootkit’s, FakeAV, worms and more)
• Utilize advanced Anti-Rootkit technology
• Quarantine module to process the detected files
• Deep scan and cleaning including Norman patented Norman SandBox technology
• Supports Quick- and Deep Scan mode
• New command line function for better tailor scanning across several machines (businesses)
• Daily signature updates available
Norman Malware Cleaner covers cleaning of all known variants of the following families:
* Agent * Bagle * Blaster * BZub * Cimuz * Dloader * Dumaru * Feebs * Haxdoor * JS/Small * Lovgate * Mitglied * Mydoom * Mytob * Navipromo * Netsky * Newdotnet * OnlineGames * Renos * Rootkit * Sasser * Sdbot * Sircam * Small.KI * Smalltroj * Sober * Sobig * Spyaxe * Spybot * Spywad * Startpage * Stration * Swen * Tibs * Yaha * Zafi * Zlob * Zotob
• To give Norman Malware Cleaner the best working conditions possible, we recommend that you start the computer in Safe mode before running the program. To do this, tap the F8 key on your keyboard during startup, before Windows starts, and select Safe mode from the menu that appears.
• Pressing the F8 key at just the right time may be a little difficult (after the firmware POST process completes, but before Windows displays graphical output). If the F8 method does not work, repeat the procedure, but Press the F8 key more quickly, or press it several times.
• On some (older) computers, the F8 key method may not work. In these Windows versions you may also configure your computer to start in Safe mode through the System Configuration Utility (msconfig).
• In some cases Norman Malware Cleaner may require that you restart the computer to completely remove an infection
Norman marketing vice-president Audun Lodemel said that the new free malware cleaner allows users to rapidly respond to the very latest threats; and if users suspect their PC might have an infected file or application, they should download the free malware cleaner immediately.
“In addition, the malware cleaner uses the Norman SandBox technology for enhanced detection, analysis and for cleaning the most challenging threats,” Lodemel said.
“In summary, Norman Malware Cleaner 2.1 offers the very latest malware detection and cleaning technology now available for consumers and businesses.”
No antivirus program detects 100% of the threats out there, so every PC owner needs one or two additional lines of defence. Malware Cleaner is bulkier than many similar tools, but it’s more powerful, too, and well worth adding to your security toolkit