Edit By BS Editor: Avira Server Security shields your network’s central receiving and distributing points against security breaches. Whether you need to protect a single central file server, or a mix of Windows or Unix servers across multiple sites, choose Avira and consider it done.
- Extensive Malware Recognition: aside from viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, etc., it detects Adware & Spyware, double extension files and unusual runtime compression tools;
- Solid antivirus technologies: multi-platform, VB100% certified scan engine;
- Low usage of computer resources;
- Modular structure: allows remote configuration, thus assisting the server admin’s work while keeping network users perfectly protected;
- Professional services: the Avira license entitles you to virus definitions updates and product upgrades, access to documentation, as well as standard technical support, offered by a team of skilled professionals;
- 20MB HDD
- 10MB RAM
- The Installation Kit comes fully featured but update service (FUSE) is disabled.
Security for all your Windows and Unix servers
Avira Server Security delivers truly integrated, cross-platform virus and malware protection.
Find everything in one place
The Avira Management Console offers comprehensive notification and reporting functions and an integrated scheduler that lets you automate scans, updates and other routine tasks.
High performance protection
Their proprietary antivirus technology consistently wins top awards for combining the highest malware detection rates with the fewest false positives.
In-house malware research center
Reliable protection means keeping up with the changing tactics of cyber attackers. Avira employs top talent to uncover and defeat new viruses.
Anti-malware that works 24/7
Every file access is monitored in real time, even archives and offline virtual machine images.
Fast, painless updates
The industry’s most compact program updates and virus pattern database files automatically update via the internet or through the network without disrupting workflow.
Multi-threaded design for high-speed scanning
Filter functions and file caching optimize performance.
Free upgrades and platform changes
Avira protects your budget as effectively as it secures your network.
Optimum protection against malware
- Constantly evolving detection technology traps emerging forms of malware that escape traditional virus scanning methods.
- IPv6 protocol, the emerging standard for internet addresses, is fully supported. Avira protects you in today’s online world—and tomorrow’s too.
- Advanced heuristics Detect and ward off unknown or rapidly changing attackers.
- Every file access is monitored through an integrated on-access scanner as well as an on-demand scanner for manual and time-driven search runs.
- Behavior-based detection technology repels potential malware attacks immediately. (Windows)
- Password protection options prevent unauthorized server access. (Windows)
- Scanning capabilities include offline virtual machine images and automatic archive detection (ZIP, RAR, GZIP, ARJ, LZH, LHA, ACE, etc.). Archive types to be scanned and recursion depth are configurable.
Efficient configuration and administration
- The Avira Security Management Center facilitates network-wide administration from a single control panel.
- An Integrated Scheduler automates network-wide tasks such as tests and updates.
- Quarantine management functionality isolates and organizes Infected and suspicious files so they can be handled according to the administrator’s discretion. (Windows)
- Server load is minimized thanks to small, bandwidth-saving updates of program and virus detection databases.
- and more you can free download Avira Server Security 2012 now.
Avira Server Security scans files and archives in real time, using minimal processing power. Automatic updates ensure the best possible protection at all times. The Avira Security Management Center allows you to scan or troubleshoot your servers right from your desktop.