Maintain control of your PC assets with Dr Solomon’s Audit. This comprehensive software and hardware auditing package helps you collect all the information you need to simplify PC support and ensure you keep within the terms of your software licences.
As well as collecting information about your software and hardware base, Dr Solomon’s Audit gives you the option of gathering configuration file information and PC asset details.
HOW IT WORKS
Audit has an intuitive user interface, giving direct access to all options. It has three main components.
- Management Centre
- Software Package Library (SPL)
The scanner is a DOS program that collects audit information about individual PCs, which is then loaded into the Management Centre for analysis.
At the heart of the Management Centre is the Software Package Library (SPL). This contains all the information necessary to identify a wide range of different software packages.
Dr Solomon’s Audit Scanner can be configured for either stand-alone or networked PCs and collects information on your software, hardware, configuration files and assets. It also:
- identifies files that have been renamed to hide their identity
- creates a compressed data file for each PC scanned
- allows the auditor to schedule scans to run at the most convenient times
- collects all information on unidentified files for investigation by the auditor
- can be run interactively or invisibly
The Management Centre oversees the creation and maintenance of software and hardware audits, and the management of the Software Package Library.
- presents the information required in a comprehensive, yet easy to understand format
- provides fully customisable questionnaires· provides context-sensitive reports
- allows you to enter software package authorisation information for licence reconciliation .
SOFTWARE PACKAGE LIBRARY (SPL)
The SPL is regularly updated and accurately identifies many common software packages.
- fully and easily customisable by the user to recognise in-house and tailor made applications
- identifies full and partial installations
- merge facility ensures that when SPL updates are merged, you don’t lose the changes you have previously made
- first four SPL updates included FREE with your initial purchase of Dr Solomon’s Audit
WHY CHOOSE DR SOLOMON’S AUDIT?
- Dr Solomon’s Audit is fast, accurate and easy-to-use
- The SPL is regularly updated, providing you with the information you need to identify the latest software packages
- The SPL can be updated to include your organisation’s own tailor made software applications
- Audit helps to ensure you are running the correct number of licences for all your software packages
- FREE technical support
- Helps to establish a secure computing environment
- Assists you in keeping within the terms of your software licences
- Enables paid-for upgrades to be fully utilised by identifying those users who have not upgraded
- Reduces management time and resources in performing your audit
- Minimal disruption to your users, as Audit can be run invisibly
- Helps simplify PC support by providing support personnel with an invaluable insight into the software, hardware and configuration files throughout your PC population
- Facilitates maintenance of corporate standards
- IBM PC or compatible 486DX/33.
- 6MB RAM.
- MS DOS 3.1 and above.
- MS Windows 3.1 and above.
- IBM PC or compatible.
- MS DOS 3.1 and above.
NETWORK COMPATABILITY (OPTIONAL)
- Any DOS compatible network.